Increase Efficiency and Production with Special Purpose Screw Conveyors
The primary purpose of most screw conveyors is to easily move a product from one place to another. But when it comes to maximizing efficiency and performance, there are features we design and build into the conveyor system that not everyone considers, yet brings tremendous value to the user. One of these features is being able to provide heating or chilling to the products being conveyed. Right now, there are manufacturers that are experiencing the benefits our custom thermo conveyors bring. Clients have also come to us to build wood pulp augers, metal shaving augers, cheese and other food processing screw conveyors, chemical and fines augers and more. We excel at expanding your capabilities with our specialized screw conveyors. For a few industry specific conveyors, see screw conveyors for processors or gasification, or our mobile heated or chilled screw: “The ThermoVeyor“.
Use our extensive experience in designing and building augers for a variety of special purposes. Below are some of the features that we have built for others.
- Screw conveyors 2” to 36” in diameter – Sectional or helicoid
- Stainless steel 304 or 316 – Carbon steel – Ultra hard Hastelloy™
- Heated or Chilled jacketed trough systems for augers
- Heated or Chilled auger flighting
- Variable pitch, gapped, double flighting, full or half pitch, cut or notched flighting
- Extruding, mixing, and metering augers
- Food or chemical grade
- Multi-screw systems
- Multi discharge with gate valves
- Multi-speed operation
- Heavy or light duty
- Tube or trough with or without covers
- Low maintenance and safety features
- Polished, electro-polished, other coatings as needed
- Complete systems – design and build with motor, gear reducers, bearings, end plates, troughs, hoppers, covers, VFD’s…
- Brand name drive components
- Designed in SolidWorks™ for your approval
In designing a screw conveyor for a specific purpose, many questions must be answered in order to achieve optimal performance. Information needed would be: the material being conveyed, density in pounds per square inch, the desired volume, speed and distance that need to be conveyed. Other factors that can helpful to know are the abrasiveness, corrosiveness, or viscosity of the material to be conveyed. In answering those questions, the screw conveyor can then be designed with the appropriate metal, diameter, pitch, length, and trough and motor requirements.
Purchasing new plant equipment is expensive. The added investment required to custom design and build for a particular application can provide operational cost-saving benefits that greatly outweigh the convenience of a standard system. Think about your needs and how the added screw conveyor features described above can enhance and save money in your operation. If you need additional information, give us a call today!